> From: Nodir Nazarov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> Is there any way to treat Fast Ethernet Subinterface as
> Serial ?

My router seems to be fairly clear on what it likes :-)

c2610#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
c2610(config)#int e 0/0
c2610(config-if)#ip unnumbered serial 0/0
Point-to-point (non-multi-access) interfaces only
c2610(config-if)#

> I have
> only 2 devices on the Ethernet (cisco router and something else)

How 'bout using a /30, the way <favorite deity> intended ?

> want to use IP unnumbered on Cisco router using Loopback
> interface.

Maybe you could you bridge it, Bridget ?   :-)
IRB/CRB...

Quoting Howard, What Is The Problem You Are Trying To Solve ?
Are you short on IP addys, or are you trying to avoid routing,
or..  ?   Got a good story ? ;-)

Tone (wondering whether PPPoE might be useful...  ARGGH :-)