Tony,

I am very short of IP addresses and wanted to reduce public IP utilization
by 75%.
PPPoE is not supported on my routers (I have c26xx). Here is the story -
the router will provide internet access to many workgroups located on
different VLANs. I am running 802.1q (switch is not from cisco)
encapsulation on router subinterfaces.On each VLAN I will have third party
NAT boxes, so they need 1 public IP address. I was thinking to save 3 IP
addresses on each VLAN, if this is possible at all, of course. If I can
"emulate" ethernet sub-interface as serial, then give "unnumbered", the
solution looks pretty straightforward...

I want to use rate limit on subinterfaces too.

Nodir