I ran across this question some time ago and kept the darned thing
because (I *guess*) I still have something to learn about IP ... . just
when I was *sure* I had it down cold.  Could you lend a fella a hand?

Given the IP address of 193.243.12.43 and a subnet mask of
255.255.255.128, what is the subnet address?

            a.194.243.12.32
            b.193.243.0.0
            c.194.243.12.43
            d.193.243.12.128
            e.None of the above.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
e. None of the above

The Subnet Address is found by setting all of the host bits in an
address to 0.
According to the mask, there are 7 host bits, so applying this rule
yields a subnet
address of 193.243.12.0. However, closer inspection yields that there is
only one
subnet bit in this Class C address - therefore, this is an illegal
address/mask pair.