Title: RE: Review of Cisco Aironet

When I tried it for a couple of weeks we were generally not more than 50 feet from the controller but we lost contact several times.  I really like the freedom it provides but I would hate to try to explain the outages to heavy users.

Joe

 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  On Behalf Of Chris H
Sent:   Tuesday, June 27, 2000 10:53 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Review of Cisco Aironet

The aironet device is slick.  I like what I've used so far, we are deploying
it into all thousand of our remote sites.  It is pretty expensive though,
and its supposed to move to 100 MB within 12 months, so the technology is
still fairly new, and prices reflect.  The device is menu driven and easy to
manage.

I was able to go outdoors with a laptop and walk 100 paces and still
download files from the internet with the aironet device inside.  I would
like one for my home...

Chris