IIRC, MAC access lists can only be applied on bridging interfaces, not
routing interfaces.  Is that right?  If that's the case, a MAC access list
wouldn't block CDP anyway, assuming that he is routing on this interface.
He'd have to disable CDP on the router or the interface.

John Neiberger, CCNA/CCDA