How funny!  I'm currently unsuccessfully attempting to do this very thing
right at this moment.  I've been working on it all day and it is seriously
ticking me off.  We have a 3Com async TA connected to the aux port on a
2501.  I'm trying to set it up for dial backup, but I keep running into
strange problems.  My most current problem is that DTR on the TA keeps going
up and down rapidly when my chat script starts.  Oh well, if you find out
how to do this successfully, please let me know!

Good luck,
John Neiberger, CCNA/CCDA