From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Jean Stockton
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 5:55 PM
To: Brad Ellis; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Connecting ISDN to Aux

I have always learned, at least in the telecom world that I am in, that a
modem is a modulator/demodulator (converting analog to digital and digital
to analog) and used on an analog circuit.   CSU/DSU's are used on digital
ckts.

It is my understanding that unlike POTS lines which carry analog (voice)
signals from c.o. to the computer, ISDN carries signals in digital form from
modulation/demodulation is not necessary - the TA is just an interface
between the ISDN line and the computer.

Why, then can't a TA be configured to successfully connect to an AUX port?
Why does the router see the TA as a modem?

mjs