The TA that we are using uses the standard AT command set, and since it
communicates asynchronously with the router, a DDR config for a TA should be
very similar to one with a modem.  The aux port is configured just as it
would be with a modem, and you use chat scripts to send dialing and
configuration commands to the TA.  The TA converts from async PPP to synch
PPP, but in this configuration only one B channel can be used, which is fine
since our aux port can only do 38400.

>  I have always learned, at least in the telecom world that I am in, that a
>  modem is a modulator/demodulator (converting analog to digital and
digital
>  to analog) and used on an analog circuit.   CSU/DSU's are used on digital
>  ckts.
>
>  It is my understanding that unlike POTS lines which carry analog (voice)
>  signals from c.o. to the computer, ISDN carries signals in digital form
from
>  modulation/demodulation is not necessary - the TA is just an interface
>  between the ISDN line and the computer.
>
>  Why, then can't a TA be configured to successfully connect to an AUX
port?
>  Why does the router see the TA as a modem?
>
>  mjs

ISDN
>  > line directly into the AUX port, I wish you the best of luck.
>  >
>  > -Brad
>  > "Tony Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>  > [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>  > > Has anyone successfully connected an ISDN modem to the Aux port.  If
so,
>  > pls
>  > > reply or send config.
>  > >
>  > > Tony Russell
>  > >
>  > > Report misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]