Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 9:25 AM
Subject: Spanning Tree

Hi, all.
First of all, I just want to test if I'm able to post on the forum at all since I don't see any responses
to my first posting.
If this goes through, can someone tell me why would Spanning Tree Algorithm need a designated
port when the root port has already been established as the least cost path to the Root Bridge?
Thanks.