Title: Spanning Tree
Well, I'm studying for Switching 2.0 so I may be wrong.
The way I see it, the root port is the "upstream" port (this is tree, so there are upstream and downstream ports) while the designated ports are "downstream" ports, so conf BPDU flow from the root bridge, to the root port on the downstream bridge, to the designated port on same bridge, to the root on next bridge, and so on. Same thing with frames, they go upward to the root and downward from there to the right branch and leave

Francisco Muniz.

Hi, all.
First of all, I just want to test if I'm able to post on the forum at all since I don't see any responses
to my first posting.
If this goes through, can someone tell me why would Spanning Tree Algorithm need a designated
port when the root port has already been established as the least cost path to the Root Bridge?
Thanks.