Lex Luther wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> One of my students has a compaq server with 2 nics, each configured on the
> Cisco 6500 switch.  The Trunking is 802.1Q
> Both ports are configured identically but only one port works.  Both ports
> are to work together to achieve the throughput speed.
> Spanningtree is off as it is supposed to and full duplex is turned on.
>
> Can anyone help or have suggestions?

I have seen this and the problem was at the server side. The NICs were
configured with one as fall-back redundancy that would only go active if the
first one failed. Actually calling this a problem is wrong. The system is
working as it was configured.

Have someone look at the NIC stats and see if one has very little or no
traffic. If that is so, the card configuration needs to be worked on if he
needs to have both running at the same time. That is NOS dependent.

Bert