Assuming the server is running NT, FastEtherchannel is enabled on Compaq NC
series NICs through the Advanced Network Teaming and Configuration Utility
in the Control Panel.  This utility is automatically installed when the
driver for those NICs are installed.  The teamed NICs can be set to either
"fault tolerant" or "load balancing", but not both at the same time.

If Compaq Insight Manager is used to manage the Compaq equipment you can
also use that to determine what's going on with the servers.

I finally was able to help (I think) someone on the list!  Hope this helps.

Don
CCNA, MCSE+I, CNE, Compaq ASE (yeah, yeah...big deal but humor me!)