The lab will be set up in a fashion where less emphasis will be placed on
configs (contrary to CCIE r/s) and more so on your design.  The proctor will
test your design with a software program able to simulate various
applications, and a large volume of devices.  So in essence, you can throw
together your design, and it will be stress tested.  I don't know too many
details as the test is still being developed, but that is the basic jist of
it.

I know a lot more platforms are fair game on the lab (such as AS5300, etc).

Chris