Frank,

This is an easy one.  Terminal Adapters are very inexpensive
compared to the equipment you have already purchased.  I bought
two IBM 7845's for less than $30 a piece off of ebay.   No
configuration required.  Put them between your Cisco router and
the Teltone and you are all set.

I couldn't find any 7845's on ebay, but I did come across this
beauty.  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=374824305
Don't forget that the U reference point is strictly a point to point
connection, while the S/T reference point is a point-to-multipoint
connection.  Thus you can connect two Cisco Routers (2503/2503) to
a single ISDN BRI on your Teltone, thus you could connect up to four
Cisco Routers w/ISDN to your single ISDN simulator. This could be
very useful for playing with Dialer Profiles assuming your Teltone
has a unique phone number for each of the SPIDS.  I have never done
this, but it should technically be possible.

Good luck,
AQ

At 01:08 AM 7/8/2000, Frank Wells wrote:
>Hey Folks,
>I have some 2500 series routers which have the standard RJ45 S/T
>interfaces, and a Teltone ISDN Demonstrator with U interfaces.  I would
>like to be able to begin doing hands on ISDN BRI labs but I have read that
>I need terminal adapters for the routers to use the ISDN simulator
>etc.  Is there an alternative way to do these kind of labs without having
>to spring for TA's?
>If not, I would appreciate your advice on the best (cisco compatible,
>easiest to configure and reliable etc) terminal adapters to get.  Or is it
>just better to get a couple of the cheaper routers that have U interfaces
>built in? I would like suggestions on those too please.
>
>TIA

Adam Quiggle
Sr. Network Engineer
BP-Amoco/MCI Worldcom