Remember mrtg does its monitoring with snmp (I suppose cricket does the
same, I never used it though).
This means you can monitor everything available on that router with snmp,
memory, blocks, errors, processes, temperature, lots of things. Just get
yourself a free MIB browser if needed and take a look - you'll be
surprised at the wealth of data.

For example one interesting thing I'd like like to try asap on a heavily
access-listed router could be a graph with (sum of inbound bytes on all
interfaces) - (sum of outbound bytes on all interfaces). Or, for the
temperature thing (not available on my routers unfortunately), what about
cpuload/(current temperature - "base" temperature)*100 ? Remember you can
mix different devices... in fact I'm trying to get a APC UPS with
environmental monitor (instead of another one) for exact this reason :-)

Heiko

-- PREVINET S.p.A.            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Via Marocchesa, 14         ph  x39-041-5907073
-- I-31021 Mogliano V.to (TV) fax x39-041-5907025
-- ITALY