I've checked the CIR and we're doing fine there, especially since this is a
256k fractional t-1 running at about 1% utilization.  Our circuits are not
policed, so even if we were above CIR, nothing gets dropped unless the frame
relay network became obscenely congested.

As I mentioned before, all other PVCs on this major interface work just fine
except one other that has the same symptoms.  When I first brought up this
circuit, I was at the remote site with a laptop in the console port.  Where
I first did "show cdp n", both neighbors were in the list, but after a
minute or two, one of them disappeared and has yet to return.

The line itself is functioning correctly, as far as I can tell. We're not
seeing any interface errors whatsoever and it's been up for a couple of
weeks, now.  Perhaps I've found an IOS "feature."  We're using 11.2(18).  I
think I'll check CCO and see if they've noticed this in the past.

Thanks for all the help!

>  ... m'tinks Ele'Chil' might be on to sumpin' here.... could you capture
the
>  sho fr pvc / and sho fr map from both ends of the one NOT passing CDP
>  traffic... and post them?
>
>  .... yeah, this is of some interest to me too, but priscilla hit the
issue
>  with the "broadcast" thread....
>
>  .... think of all the mechanisms passing the various protocol encaps
here....
>  inarp - what's the LPort doing?  What's the CIR/BW?  Util?  When you do
>  an extended ping with a bit pattern of 0x4040; 0xAAAA; & 0xFFFF with,
>  say 150 itterations, what happens?
>
>  R/
>  Rainman
>
>  ElephantChild wrote:
>
>  > On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, John Neiberger wrote:
>  >
>  > > The PVC is working perfectly, except for CDP.  It's configured
exactly like
>  > > the 89 other subinterfaces on that major interface, so I doubt it's a
>  > > configuration issue, but it still may be.  The remote side has two
PVCs on
>  > > one major interface and CDP is working on one subinterface only and
they,
>  > > too, are configured exactly the same except for DLCI and IP address.
>  >
>  > Do you have problems with other broadcasts not making it on that (or
any
>  > other) PVC? If you're not exceeding your CIR on that PVC (have you
>  > checked that?), my guess is that the broadcast queue on the
>  > (sub)interface gets full, or that some other queuing limit kicks in.
>  >
>  > > >  Is it just CDP not working or is the whole PVC showing as
inactive?
>  > > I've
>  > > >  seen where if LMI was configured incorrectly at the remote end
when the
>  > > >  router was first brought up it would come up but after a minute or
so go
>  > > >  down because it wasn't receiving lmi keepalives from the switch.
In this
>  > > >  case it was a telco switch problem and I do know that LMI is
supposed to
>  > > be
>  > > >  autosensing with the newer software.
>  > > >
>  > > >  If it is just CDP down I would have suggested something to do with
the
>  > > >  timers but you said the remote end isn't receiving any packets at
all?
>  > > >  Hmmm.
>  > > >
DLCIs
>  > > and
>  > > >  IP addresses.  "show cdp int" shows that CDP packets are being
sent, but
>  > > >  they aren't being received at the opposite end, according to
"debug cdp
>  > > >  packets".
>  > > >
>  > > >  Another oddity about this is that it worked correctly when I first
>  > > brought
>  > > >  the circuit up for about a minute or so, and then it stopped.
Very
>  > > >  strange...
>  > > >
>  > > >  >  This is purely a guess.......
>  > > >  >
>  > > >  >  Are you allowing broadcasts across the PVC by using the
broadcast
>  > > keyword
>  > > >
>  > > >  >  on the frame-relay map command? CDP sends to a multicast
address.
>  > > >  >
>  > > >  >  Priscilla
>  > > >  >
>  > > >  >  At 08:50 PM 7/11/00, John Neiberger wrote:
>  > > >  >  >No, I haven't done that, but I did "show cdp int" and the
router said
>  > > >  that
>  > > >  >  >it was sending cdp packets out that interface.  Both routers
on each
>  > > end
>  > > >  of
>  > > >  >  >the link reported this.  I'll try debugging tomorrow.
>  > > >  >  > >  Did you run "debug cdp" to verify that it is being sent?
>  > > >  >  > >  Magnus Thorne
This