From: "jeongwoo park" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2000 5:05 PM
Subject: subnet vs. Vlan

HI all
I have a question.
Cisco recommends that there be one-to-one relationship
between ip subnets and Vlans.
When the number of devices on a Vlan exceeds the
number of host ip addresses per configured subnet,
more than one subnet can exit on a Vlan.
Having said that, my question;
There are two subnets in a Vlan. Do we need a router
to interconnect these two subnets?
I know that we need a router to interconnect two
different Vlans.
In addtion to that, can more than one vlan exist on a
subnet?
if so, do we still need a router to interconnect
different vlans even if there are in a same subnet?

thanks

jeongwoo