Hi Larry,

thanks for your answer.
What exactly do you mean by enabling the interface first ?
My concern is that I do not see any lit LEDs on the interface. Can you tell
me what a status of standby/down means ? How can I get the interface in
up/up (spoofing) status ? Also, what do the carrier transitions mean ?
I include the output from the sh int command:

Ener_Erkath#sh int bri0/0
BRI0/0 is standby mode, line protocol is down
  Hardware is PQUICC BRI
  Internet address is 10.90.1.70/30
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 64 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec, rely 255/255, load 1/255
  Encapsulation PPP, loopback not set
  Last input never, output never, output hang never
  Input queue: 0/75/0 (size/max/drops); Total output drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: weighted fair
  Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
     Conversations  0/0/256 (active/max active/max total)
     Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
     0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     21139976 packets output, 2239721261 bytes, 0 underruns
     140 carrier transitions