Hello,

First problem I see is 'Layer 1 DEACTIVATED'.  Here is the link and
suggestion to this problem from Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/service/troubleshooting/ts_isdn.h
tm

Using Show Commands To Troubleshoot ISDN Networks

The show commands in the Cisco IOS that are most helpful in solving ISDN
problems tell you whether you are connected to the local ISDN switch - show
isdn status, or whether you have successfully made a call - show dialer.

Show ISDN Status Command
Upon getting the ISDN line provisioned by telco, the only parameters that
are required for the router to synchronize with the switch are the switch
type and the spid(s). Sample configuration would be:

isdn switch-type basic-ni1
!
interface BRI0
 isdn spid1 41555512120101 5551212
 isdn spid2 41555512130101 5551213
After proper configuration, output from the show isdn status EXEC command
would yield:

The current ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni1
ISDN BRI0 interface
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 112, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
        TEI = 113, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
    Layer 3 Status:
        No Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Activated dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

--> Failure of the Cisco router to synchronize properly with the ISDN switch
would yield:

The current ISDN Switchtype = basic-ni1
ISDN BRI0 interface
    Layer 1 Status:
        DEACTIVATED
    Layer 2 Status:
        Layer 2 NOT Activated
    Layer 3 Status:
        No Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Activated dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

If you receive this output, the possible causes are:

Problem                                 Suggested Action

Faulty Cable                    Replace the cable from router to ISDN jack, making
sure the
cable contains the middle two pins (pins 4 & 5 in an RJ-45 cable).
Wrong Switch Type or Spid(s)    Contact telco and confirm switch type and
spid(s). Re-enter them into router and issue the clear interface bri number
EXEC command.
Faulty ISDN line                        Get an analog phone and plug into ISDN jack.
You should
get either 1) a clicking noise, or 2) white noise/light static. If you do
not get either of those, it is not an active ISDN line. Contact telco and
open trouble ticket.

Mike Munoz