Basically I was wondering what methods there are out there for getting a
2514 between my mediaone cable modem and my internal network.  This is the
solution I have come up with:

ARP spoof the mac address of the NIC Mediaone's dhcp server is looking for
on eth0 and statically assign the mediaone ip address, then on the machine
that actually owns the NIC write an expect script that upon losing
connectivity to the network (probably mediaone reassigning the ip address
due to an expired lease) will use the router to transparently send the dhcp
update lease broadcast packets out to the mediaone network and then login
to the router and renumber the eth0 of the router.

As far as I know IOS 11.2(8) does not support interface numbering via dhcp.
 If anyone has a better solution to this I'd love to hear it, or if there
is a flaw in my logic please let me know.

--Jon