Jon,
Your making it harder than it has to be.

Do you have two ethernet ports?
Use NAT

Call Mediaone and have them provision a new mac address for you, just tell
them you bought a new PC. The mac you'll give them will be your outside
interface on your router. Also, make sure they keep your old nic provisioned
as well. this will help you to obtain the initial dhcp lease.

After the mac is provisioned, use NAT overload to assign ports to machines
on the inside network.

Let me know if you need assistance with the config and I'll send you mine.

Also, for DHCP leases from MediaOne, as long as your router stays turned on,
you can use the same IP.
Alternitavely, if you're in Jacksonville, FL, let me know and I'll tell you
how to circumvent the DHCP thing.

Clayton Dukes
Internetwork Solutions Engineer
Thrupoint, Inc