From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Marc
Quibell
Sent:   26 July 2000 17:04
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Connecting Switches, hubs..

I have a simple question, and one which I cannot readily answer at this
time. Can I safely connect TWO switch ports from a Cisco 5509 (two different
switch blades) to a hub to increase the hub's crossconnection bandwidth,
without having a looping problem? The hub is actually a DEC multi-blade,
with a swithced backplane. The hub is also connect on two different blades,
but the same backplane. TIA!

btw, I have already done this and I figured if spanning tree found a looping
problem, it wouldv'e set one of the ports to a non-forwarding state..