On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Marc Quibell wrote:

> Actaully, I did another test in the lab and the STP has nothing to do with
> hubs, so BOTH switch ports were able to plug into both hub ports, no
> problem. Now my next question is: Do I now have an aggregate bandwidth of
> 20mbs?

Actually STP is important in your example.

if you have a switch with two ports connected to a hub, say ports 1 and
5.  A broadcast sent to port 5, will come back into the switch on port
1.  Since switches forward broadcasts, it will go back out port 5, and
back in port 1, and this will continue infinitly if STP is not enabled.

In multilayer switching networks, you can actually have your broadcasts
magnified, and things can get REAL ugly.

Brian