I finally went down and took the thing. My thoughts on CCNA are:

I used:
CCNA study kit from Cisco
Lammle books-n-stuff by Sybex
CCNA Study Guide
CCNA Exam Notes
CCNA Virtual lab
Beachfront quizzer CCNA flashcards
Ashish's subnet chart
Do not waste your time on the brian dumps that are out on the internet

1 hour a night and 8 hours on Saturdays for 7 weeks. The hard part was keeping
focused on the exam objectives and not diving down into detail that is not part
of the exam. I have used routers for years but never took the time to go
back and memorise the foundational stuff. I already have my MCNE but I need
to recertify by August 31and I will have passed the last MCSE test by the end of
September I hope. NEVER put stuff off till the last minute...

Thank you Group Study.... The best list I have ever belonged to; even if a few
threads
are silly  adolescent testosterone feuds that for some reason the participants
think
we are interested in?????.

Rick Fulton