Hi John,

I'm posting this to the group for others that have the same question.

There is no specific exam for the Nortel NNCDS.  Rather you need to do one
of the core technology exam  for the NNCSS and then  do the Nortel web based
exams from home ( or elsewhere)  to fullfill the other requirements.  See
http://www12.nortelnetworks.com/training2/certification/nncds.html for more
info.

The Nortel design exam is for the next level of certification, the NNCDE (
design expert). To get that you need to do the NNCDS, plus:  one advanced
exam, one more core technology exam  and the design exam.
See http://www12.nortelnetworks.com/training2/certification/nncde.html for
more info on that one.  So if you mean you were planning to write the design
expert exam 920-021 ( Network Design Essentials for Routers and Switches)
you would not be certified as anything.  Just a heads up.

James Placer CCDP, CCNP, NNCSE, NNCSS, MCSE
ENTG Engineer
Interactive Business Systems Inc.
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]