Do a "show log"  and see if logging is disabled
You might need to do a "logging on"

-----Original Message-----
From: James Gosnold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 12:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Debug display to VTY [7:66762]

Um, probably a silly one for you all.

I have a 1721 router at either end of a leased line. I telnet into the
router and:

Router#debug serial int
Serial network interface debugging is on
Router#terminal monitor

And nothing. Shouldn't I get some debug messages here, keep alives and such
between the CSU and my router? It's a live connection and the line works, as
far as I knew this was all I needed to enter to view debug output from a
telnet session? In fact I don't appear to be getting debug output for
anything so I'm missing something silly here but I thought 'terminal
monitor' was sufficient?

Regards, James.