I'll clarify. On lower end cisco routers not running
bgp, yes, it will save you some cpu cycles. But most
of the routers I'm working on a day to day basis(12Ks, 10Ks, 7200s)
are running full table and hardly get slowed by by acls.
Not to mention the problems a null route (for the purpose
of bit-bucketing) can do when your're using null routes for bgp.

-Karsten