There are still some functional/operational differences between 6500 hybrid
and native modes with the current CatOS and IOS versions available.  A white
paper on the topic is located at (watch for any wrapping):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_white_paper09
186a00800c8441.shtml

Cisco's stated direction for some time has been towards native mode IOS.
Both hybrid and native mode options still exist for valid reasons based upon
customer requirements.  Your account SE should be able to provide more
information and assist in the analysis and selection process.

I have deployed 6509s at multiple customer locations over the past three
years.  If you would like to discuss my experiences with hybrid vs. native
further, feel free to contact me offline.

Hope this helps!

Mark Foster

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]