For a single router use a modem. For many routers/switches/servers consider
a terminal server. That could be a 2509 router. Use a modem to connect to
the 2509 and from the 2509 connect to the various boxes - usually their
console port in this case.
There are other manufacturers of terminal server type boxes. WTI Western
Telematic Inc?? Check the back pages of many trade magazines.