A lot of them aren't guys. They are women. In a lot of countries (certainly
not all but a lot) there's way less prejudice against women being in
high-tech. Of more importance, there aren't assumptions made in primary
(elementary) and secondary (high school) that girls are "bad at math."
Instead, girls are encouraged, with an understanding that they tend to be
better at many aspects of math.

Why don't you get involved in your local high school? Encourage more girls
(and boys) to go into computer science. One major aspect of the problem that
you describe is that fewer and fewer Amserican students are studying
engineering and computer science.

Part of the problem is the prejudice against females. A bigger problem is
that our schools suck. The government spends our money attacking other
cultures instead of developing our own.

Priscilla