Hi Gbenga,

I'm not sure what you are tring to do here.  Yes you can directly access
a proxy if you know its IP address and port number.  Most transparent
proxies work on port 80, bot there are varioations.

Not sure why you referenced the ip-helper address, but the looks of
things you want your client to transparently be directed to a proxy /
cache for port 80 traffic.  As Tom stated you could use PBR, but another
way to do it is to make use or WCCP (web cache communication protocol),
and this will allow transparent proxy for your users (you can even do
reverse proxy-ing inbound to your network.)  Just do a search for WCCP
on cisco.

Cheers
Troy