Gbenga,

Proxy Server 2.0 was the last version released before ISA server, and it
did not support transparent proxy. Supporting transparent proxy is
important here, since the HTTP header for a proxy request will always
contain certain lines (such as "Host:"), whereas direct HTTP 1.0
requests may eliminate these lines.

For a proxy server to work correctly, it is important that it know both
the destination IP/host and the URL. If the proxy does not receive all
of the required information, it can't service the proxy client. I am
more familiar with Squid (I don't know whether Squid is supported on
Windows) which can be configured to fix-up HTTP requests on the fly
(recreating the Host line from the URI for example), allowing it to be
used as a transparent proxy...

IP helper addresses don't apply to the problem you are trying to solve.
Policy-based routing and WCCP won't do anything for you either, since
you are limited by the Proxy server. You either have to use the bundled
Proxy client software to force users to use the proxy or use a different
proxy server.

- Tom