CiscoNewbie wrote:

> Great write up.  Thanks.
>
> So what is the current exam number?

640-861 DESGN

> Is it just one exam that I have to take?

Yes, It's just one exam to get CCDA. Lots of exams to get CCDP.

> Do you know what the new exam number will be or is?

I think it's the same answer as the one above. It just came out but I don't
think you can still take the old one, as I implied before.

Cisco shouldn't change the exam for a while. It took them years to do the
development on this class and test. And they did a great job, from what I
can tell.

> I was looking at taking the following course, what do
> you think:
>
> http://www.knowledgenet.com/courselibrary/cisco/courses/desgn_pf.jsp

An advantage to taking the class is that you will get the 1,000s of pages
that Cisco wrote for the course manual.

I don't know much about Knowledgenet. It appears to not be a real,
carbon-based classroom where you go in person to the site and can easily
interract with the instructor and other people taking the class, which is a
major benefit in a design class. In fact, the exercises for DESGN are
designed to be done with a team. Can you do that with this Web-based training?

It's possible that they do a good job with their Web-based training and
simulate the real world well. I just don't know.

Cisco recommends that DESGN be taught with a simulator that will let you do
some design tasks. They recommend OPNET. Does Knowledgenet let you use
OPNET? I would ask a few questions before shelling out a lot of money for
the Knowlegenet course. Has anyone else here on GroupStudy used them?

If you do use them, let us know how it goes. Thanks and good luck with your
CCDA.

Priscilla