Good information! Thanks for trying it out for us!

Shawn K.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zsombor Papp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 4:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 6509 MSFC [7:71340]

You made me try it... :)

I configured this on the MSFC:

access-list 100 deny   ip any any log
!
line vty 0 4
  access-class 100 in

and I was still able to use 'session' to get to it. Does anyone have
different experience?

FWIW, I also checked the TCP connections on the MSFC, and when a 'session'
is open, it does show a TCP connection between 127.0.0.12:23 (local) and
127.0.0.11:1025 (local). And when I configured a password on the vty's, I
was subsequently required to enter that password for a 'session'. So it
looks like telnet, walks like telnet, ... :)

OK, now back to work... ;(

Thanks,

Zsombor