In my opinion the courses are a quick cram if you haven't got the time. I
have used both. I did the switching course a few years ago, but had read the
book already. I got to Thursday before I learnt a single thing.
If you read the book and ask for clarification of things you don't
understand (using Groupstudy) then I think you come out the other side
knowing more.
If you want a week off work at a leisurely pace with more breaks than you've
had in the last two years and an early knock off time, then dig deep and get
on a course.
I may be being a little unfair there, but it doesn't take long to get
through most of the CCNP books if you allocate an hour or two a day, and if
you get one of the poorer instructors that's all he'll do anyway - read the
notes out to you. I always read through and don't go on to the next page
until I've understood the current one. Skim reading gets you nowhere. As I'm
going along I write down the bits that actually need to be learnt parrot
fashion (things like administrative distances/types of switching etc), and
by the end of it, I've understood all the topics and I've just got a cram
sheet to study.
Won't work for everyone, but it's one method.
Some lads in our office will read the book 5 times understanding a little
more each time. Doesn't work for me - I can read through 5 pages without
actually taking in anything because I'm still getting my head around the

My two penneth anyway.
Use your money on more lab kit.

Bikespace

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]