At 09:46 AM 7/15/2003 -0400, Reimer, Fred wrote:
>Probably because LX GBICs transfer longer than SX GBICs, even over
>multi-mode fiber.

Is this a fact? The Cisco datasheet shows 550m max over MMF, both for LX
and SX GBICs.

>   I don't know why 50 micron multi-mode is being used.  I'd
>use the industry standard 62.5/125 multi-mode fiber instead.

I guess it's too late for that. And actually, 50/125 is pretty common, too
(at least in literature... :).

More to the original question, here is the result of a minimal-effort
search on Google (for "50 conditioning cable"):

http://www.stonewallcable.com/dept.asp?dept_id=50

Thanks,

Zsombor