From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 1:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: GRE TUNNEL/Ethernet-broadcast-like? [7:72738]

Hello,

A question barely came up to mind: Would it be possible to "join" a
broadcast domain, not by means of a LAN switch but from one remote
router to another, using GRE Tunnels?

Since I haven't done it before, I kind of thought that it'll be
possible. For instance, having:

R1eth0(no ip address)--GRE
TUNNEL-Ser0--CLOUD--GRE_TUNN--Ser1---R2eth0(no ip
address)
  , where arp packets may flow from R1 to R2 via this GRE Tunnel.

Under this scenario and simply put, can R1'sLAN be also part of R2'sLAN?
If it's possible, how could the config be like?

Best regards,