The big difference, for me anyway, is that it is a lot easier to find
answers to technical questions about the equipment on Cisco's website.
Cisco's website is voluminous and easy to search.

Perhaps you can get good info with some sort of Extreme login or from
Extreme's technical support folks, but when you are a visiting contractor on
site you don't necessarily want to ask the customer for their vendor support
login or support contract number just to be able to ask a minor question.
(Understatement).  You want to be able to find answers to most questions on
your own.

Others will say that Extreme switches are fast and well-priced. That may be
so, but I am a researcher (and writer) at heart, and Cisco's website is the
best technical support website I have ever seen.

Tom Larus, CCIE #10,014

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]