Reimer, Fred wrote:

> Structured
> Unstructured
> Internal
> External

What is a structured versus unstrucuted security threat?

There sure are a lot of "unstructured" ones going on right now. Anyone else
seeing a huge increase in pings? I guess it's the welchia virus. It's
getting ugly. And the amount of spam from sobig is really astounding.

Perhaps we need a more structured way of allowing clueless users to get on
the Internet. Maybe ISPs that don't provide personal firewalls and
anti-virus software for their end users should be disallowed somehow. (I'm
thinking that most of the problems are coming from clueless home and small
business users, not enterprise networks, where things are more "structured,"
hopefully.)

Priscilla