Have you contacted your local Cisco office for assistance in setting up the
Networking Academy? I'm sure they would be glad to help in any way.
Else, purchase the Cisco Press books for the various courses. They should
indicate what equipment is suggested. My point being that while maybe 2600
series routers are specified - 2500 routers will substitute for some. That
may be important if your budget is limited.
Just looked at the "Semester Five Companion Guide - Advanced Routing" book.
Each student team (usually one or two individuals) uses one pod of three
routers. The recommendation is two 2620 and one 2621 routers per pod.
Keep in mind that the courses will change as new equipment and technologies
are created. Best to teach the basics - and for that older gear may work
just fine.