""nrf""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The simple answer is that yes, ISIS is a possible topic for the R/S exam.
>
> The better question to ask is why?  The R/S is supposed to be an
> enterprise-networking oriented exam.  Those who are interested in carrier
> routing where ISIS is most commonly found should be looking at the C/S.
> Let's face it, at this time ISIS is not exactly a particularly common
> enterprise technology, so why test such an obscure enterprise protocol on
> supposedly enterprise-oriented test?   I suppose a tenuous case could be
> made if it was surmised that ISIS was destined to expand its presence in
the
> enterprise, but honestly now, does anybody seriously think this is going
> happen?  For example, does anybody seriously believe that in say, 10
years,
> there is going to be more ISIS in real-world networks as a percentage of
> total usage?  Especially in the enterprise?  Right.  So again, on a
> supposedly enterprise-oriented test, why test a technology that is rare in
> the enterprise and getting rarer every day?

the answer is simple and practical. What with the one day lab and the speed
with which cheats get circulated,  lab scenarios are revised much more often
than they used to. Adding IS-IS allows for more permutations to add to the
mix. Especially now that IGRP is no longer there. The proctors still need
lots of ways to screw you with redistribution. IS-IS redfistribution gives
them that in spades. ;->