>the answer is simple and practical. What with the one day lab and the
speed with which cheats get circulated,  lab
>scenarios are revised much more often than they used to. Adding IS-IS
allows for more permutations to add to the mix.
>Especially now that IGRP is no longer there. The proctors still need
lots of ways to screw you with redistribution. IS-IS
>redfistribution gives them that in spades. ;->

A few years ago we were all (well some of us) scared about the
scalability of OSPF - how much memory, processing power and how many
AS's could it scale to. This is why IS-IS was looked at by tier 1 and 2
carriers. In those days, a 7206 with a 150MHz proc was common place, and
we were running out of space for the 3 tables (largish) required and
looking for something new.

Best regards,

Dom Stocqueler
SysDom Technologies