>Oh, and while I'm on the subject - why EIGRP? This is a proprietary
>Cisco Protocol. OK, I believe that Juniper may have implemented it, but
>to the best of my knowledge no one else has.

Can we say account control?

EIGRP is somewhat less resource intensive than link state protocols
under some circumstances, and may be more tolerant of certain errors.

Since AppleTalk and IPX have been deemphasized, it's harder and
harder to justify. Yes, it's topologically more flexible than OSPF
and ISIS, but that, IMHO, is not necessarily a good thing for someone
who doesn't really understand when not to use hierarchical topology.