Here's a great resource:
pad
http://www.nanog.org/isp.html#cidr
scroll down to CIDR and download "Understanding IP Addressing: Everything
You Ever Wanted to Know" by Chuck Semeria

Looking at your specific problem - think in powers of two. 400 nodes is
greater than 256 but less than 512. Use /23 out of your allocation. 200 is
less than 256 so use a /24.
50 is greater than 32 and less than 64 so use a /26 for each. The serial
links each need a /30. Probably best to take the last /28 from the
allocation and break it down into four /30s.

http://shop.groupstudy.com

http://www.messagelabs.com