From: J. Oquendo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 9:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Decisions on Tests and Studying

Heres the situation. About a year ago I started studying for the CCIE as an
alternative to the CCNA. I figured I would study hardcore for about two
years and ace the test.

I come from a Unix based background and have what I think is pretty much a
good knowledgebase on networking, thorough knowledge of security on all
platforms Unix based, Windows, Novell, Apple, AIX you name it I've admin'd
it or used it.

NOw I know there are prerequisites for taking the CCIE and I believe if I
took the CCNA within the next two months I would pass. (honestly)

My question to the group and I don't want to make it a repetitive e-mail is
should I go out and take the CCNA and if so is there some sort of sample
(hardcore as close to the test as possible) test anyone has come across to
test where I stand if I were to take the CCNA?

The first time I began studying for the CCNA someone mentioned I should get
into deeper stuff since it (CCNA) basically dealt with the OSI, TCP/IP
topics and wasn't as thorough as the CCIE so I picked up CCIE books and got
into BGP, IS-IS, RIPv1 & 2, OSPF, etc... I fully understand most and
definitely need lab time on that subject for about a year straight (maybe.)

So to make this short... Anyone know of a die hard,
as-close-to-the-real-thing based test or boot camp class I could take to get
this out of the way and continue with other studies such as the CCIE and
CISSP (which I will get in two years... mark my word)

Yours truly,
J. Oquendo

/* sorry for the readers digest like mail yall */