Heres the situation. About a year ago I started studying for the CCIE as an
alternative to the CCNA. I figured I would study hardcore for about two years and ace
the test.

I come from a Unix based background and have what I think is pretty much a good
knowledgebase on networking, thorough knowledge of security on all platforms Unix
based, Windows, Novell, Apple, AIX you name it I've admin'd it or used it.

NOw I know there are prerequisites for taking the CCIE and I believe if I took the
CCNA within the next two months I would pass. (honestly)

My question to the group and I don't want to make it a repetitive e-mail is should I
go out and take the CCNA and if so is there some sort of sample (hardcore as close to
the test as possible) test anyone has come across to test where I stand if I were to
take the CCNA?

The first time I began studying for the CCNA someone mentioned I should get into
deeper stuff since it (CCNA) basically dealt with the OSI, TCP/IP topics and wasn't as
thorough as the CCIE so I picked up CCIE books and got into BGP, IS-IS, RIPv1 & 2,
OSPF, etc... I fully understand most and definitely need lab time on that subject for
about a year straight (maybe.)

So to make this short... Anyone know of a die hard, as-close-to-the-real-thing based
test or boot camp class I could take to get this out of the way and continue with
other studies such as the CCIE and CISSP (which I will get in two years... mark my
word)

Yours truly,
J. Oquendo

/* sorry for the readers digest like mail yall */