The "command ip helper-address" enables forwarding for eight UDP ports - time (37),
TACACS (49), DNS (53), BOOTP/DHCP Server (67), BOOTP/DHCP Client (68), TFTP (69),
NetBIOS Name Service (137) and NetBIOS Datagram Service (138).  However, there may be
times when you want to forward other UDP ports besides these 8.

The command "ip-forward protocol" gives you more granularity over forwarding UDP
datagrams.  You literally can forward any UDP port from 0-65535 if you should so
choose.  Here's the output of the options which can be used with "ip forward-protocol"
for Cisco IOS 11.2:

  <0-65535>    Port number
  biff         Biff (mail notification, comsat, 512)
  bootpc       Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) client (68)
  bootps       Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) server (67)
  discard      Discard (9)
  dnsix        DNSIX security protocol auditing (195)
  domain       Domain Name Service (DNS, 53)
  echo         Echo (7)
  mobile-ip    Mobile IP registration (434)
  nameserver   IEN116 name service (obsolete, 42)
  netbios-dgm  NetBios datagram service (138)
  netbios-ns   NetBios name service (137)
  netbios-ss   NetBios session service (139)
  ntp          Network Time Protocol (123)
  rip          Routing Information Protocol (router, in.routed, 520)
  snmp         Simple Network Management Protocol (161)
  snmptrap     SNMP Traps (162)
  sunrpc       Sun Remote Procedure Call (111)
  syslog       System Logger (514)
  tacacs       TAC Access Control System (49)
  talk         Talk (517)
  tftp         Trivial File Transfer Protocol (69)
  time         Time (37)
  who          Who service (rwho, 513)
  xdmcp        X Display Manager Control Protocol (177)