Once when troubleshooting a problem with the Telco, I had to go to a meeting
and call the guy back. After hanging up the phone, I shut down the router,
unplugged all the cables, and took it back to my desk.

2 or 3 hours later, I get a call from the guy at the Telco, and he says to
me "We've been hitting that box all morning with no problem..." I say
"Really?!?!" "Yeah," he says "no problem at our end". So I say "The thing
is, you see, that I have that router sitting on my desk now, it hasn't been
in the rack for 3 hours or so. I can't see how it could possibly be
responding to you." LONG pause... "What was that circuit ID again?" he says.
I nearly pissed myself laughing...

Rule 1. The telco is lying
Rule 2. Refer to rule 1

Dale