Collisions using 10BaseT, half-duplex ethernet are to be expected.  They are
the rule, not the exception, and unless you are getting an exceptionally
high ratio of collisions to frames output, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now, if you were seeing LATE collisions between the router and the switch, I
would think that you have the switchport set for full duplex, which will
cause late collisions if connected to a half duplex device.

HTH,
John Neiberger

BTW, do you know Rhett Folse at Alltel?  If so, tell him hi for me!