As long as you buy wireless devices that adhere to the IEEE 802.11
standard, you shouldn't have any serious problems. I have gotten a variety
of installations working with wireless, using a mix of vendors' equipment.

A Cisco person at Networkers told me that there might be a problem with
encryption not working correctly when getting Cisco's card to talk to
Apple's AirPort hub, but I have not found that to be the case.

As with any new technology, you might have to do a bit of tinkering to get
everything working. The only gotcha I ran into was that on the PC you have
to type in the name of the LAN you want to get on, (aka the Service Set ID
or SSID). It's case sensitive, which I didn't expect. On the Mac, (which
is, of course, much more user friendly &;-), a pop-up menu appeared and you
could just select the LAN name. No typing in SSIDs.

Priscilla